If you have paid out money to invest in a decent camera, I’m betting that, like me, you haven’t done so just to learn how many buttons it has or what lenses are made out of. In this guide, we’ll be side stepping the technical information and focusing on what really matters: showing you how to use your camera to take the photographs you’ve always dreamed of, using all the benefit of my many years of experience as a photographer and the hard-earned knowledge I have gathered along the way. Some of the things we’ll cover are:
- How to compose an image to put the focus where you want it.
- The tricks and techniques the professionals use to make magic with their lens.
- How to tell stories with your camera by manipulating your angles and framing.
- Everything that makes an image pop, from the rule of thirds to context and focal points.
- How to mix things up with specialized alternatives, from wide angle to telephoto and fish eye to tilt and shift.
- How to use polarizing filters, neutral density filters, and ultraviolet filters to best effect.